Vancouver, Canada – Chrome (Desktop)
- Time to First Byte has dropped from
- Time to Interactive has dropped from
- Largest Contentful Paint has dropped from
Virginia, USA – Chrome (Mobile)
v101, Moto4G, Connectivity:
- Time to First Byte reported as
- Time to Interactive reported as
- Largest Contentful Paint reported as
Washington DC, USA
- Load time reported as
- Our average LAN page load time has dropped from
- Average uptime was unaffected.
The switch to NVME has had a measurable effect on the performance of JordanSLT.com. Not only does it feel much better to use, with shorter load times and significantly increased responsiveness, according to the benchmarks it really is faster.
Now that our hardware is up to the task, we need to focus on our software. The benchmarks show that even with the raw power of NVME, our page load time is still not instantaneous. By improving how we are loading and caching scripts as well as better minimizing our CSS, we can decrease load times even further.
Swapping storage also meant swapping hosting providers. Normally this is a big deal, but because of our deployment infrastructure, migration was effortless and took less than an hour. After deploying the service, all we had to do was swap over the DNS records and we were live.
We are constantly trying to improve how we run our business. If you have any comments or suggestions, or are interested in how we can help improve your business, please contact us using the form below.